According to Ayurveda, the characteristics of diabetes (madhumeha) are the sweetness of urine, fainting, blisters, gangrene and drowsiness. Diabetes is a very common illness that can not be completely cured, but can be operated (control) and if proper care. There are two main types of diabetes – type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
diabetes type 1 (insulin-dependent or juvenile diabetes) – The symptoms of type 1 diabetes occur suddenly. The main symptoms of insulin dependent diabetes are excessive thirst, frequent urination, sudden weight loss for no apparent reason, weakness, drowsiness or fatigue, sudden vision changes or blurred vision, nausea and vomiting.
Yype 2 diabetes (non insulin or-dependent diabetes in adults) – The symptoms of type 2 diabetes occurs gradually. The main symptoms of non-insulin dependent are some of the symptoms listed for Type 1, tingling or numbness in hands or feet, itching of the skin and genitals, recurrent difficult to heal skin, gum or urinary tract infections.
Risk factors for diabetes People
High risk are following:
1. heritage – Diabetes appears to have inherited a genetic tendency.
2. People over forty years – Type 2 diabetes is more common in the East and old age.
three. Overweight – The likelihood of developing type 2 diabetes doubles with every 20% weight in excess. It is believed that excess body fat prevents insulin from working properly.
Guidelines on food for diabetes
1. acidic foods like tomatoes, jamun, oranges, pineapple and makoy are beneficial.
2. cow’s milk curd is strongly recommended in diabetes.
3. Do not take cereals, sugar and sugar preparations.
4. Take a diet with a relatively low percentage of carbohydrates.