Here’s the latest on the Top 3 Non Invasive Glucose Monitors 2016
The routine activity of pricking fingers to monitor blood glucose levels is quite hectic for most people with diabetes. Despite this dreadful daily process, the management and control of diabetes is very important. Fortunately, new glucose meters that don’t require blood, for checking blood glucose levels are being developed by numerous companies around the globe, as we speak – welcome relief for many, many diabetes sufferers.
FreeStyle Libre by Abbott is an entirely new glucose monitoring concept that provides much greater data than CGM (continuous glucose monitors). The readings are provided by simply scanning a sensor instead of pricking your finger.
Main advantages of FreeStyle Libre
- Lightweight and compact to carry around
- It provides a graph of how glucose levels are varying just like a CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitor)
- Users can see how much results are trending downwards or upwards by simply scanning the sensor.
- The FreeStyle Libre sensor is waterproof for 30 minutes in up to 1 meter.
- More affordable than continuous glucose monitors.
- The backlit color touch screen can be read in the dark
One of the main benefits of FreeStyle Libre is that it stores up to 90 days of data and you can easily analyze your glucose trend over three months.
GlucoWise allows the concentration of blood sugar to be measured at the blood capillary level. Blood glucose levels are measured by a non-invasive technique by transmitting low-power radio waves (65 GHz) sections of the body such as the earlobe or between the forefinger and thumb. Besides having adequate blood supply, the tissue in these areas is thin enough for the radio waves to pass through.
The radio signals are received by a receiver that collects and analyzes data about the characteristics of your blood. User data is digitally encrypted and transmitted via Bluetooth 4.0 to ensure that user data is never shared with third parties. Data can also be uploaded to secure online database or transmitted to computers using a USB port. Although GlucoWise is still in development, it is expected to be available in late 2016.
Dexcom G5 CGM mobile system
Dexcom G5 is a CGM (continuous glucose monitoring) system that is approved for both adults and children two years and older. Dexcom G5 mobile uses Bluetooth technology that is built into a transmitter that allows for remote viewing of blood glucose levels and trends from compatible smart devices. Users can monitor glucose data by using a Dexcom mobile receiver or the Dexcom G5 mobile app.
Benefits of the Dexcom G5 mobile system
- Its small sensor measures blood sugar levels just underneath your skin.
- The transmitter is secured on top of the sensor in order to send in order to send data to your receiver or compatible smart device.
- Either the Dexcom receiver or a compatible mobile device will display glucose trends in a colorful display so you can easily see when it’s within range, high or low.
With Dexcom G5, users will be alerted directly on their smart devices when they’re heading too high or too low. Moreover, alerts can be customized to appear as text messages for additional privacy and discretion.
Fantastic news, for the diabetes industry, and for everyone patiently waiting in the Diabetes Community too!