When people first learn that they are diabetic most find it so devastating that they feel it is the end of the world because they feel that because they have to manage their sugar properly then that means not being able to eat tasty, yummy, scrumptious foods and desserts when they want them but this is far from the truth. There are many diabetic recipes to choose from and one of the most popular ones is that of a diabetic banana bread recipe and this one is easy to follow as well as tasty!
• 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2/3 cup honey-crunch wheat germ
• 1/4 teaspoon baking Soda
• 1/2 cup rolled oats, uncooked
• 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup egg substitute, thawed
• 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1-1/2 sticks margarine
• 1-1/2 cup mashed bananas
• 6 ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease 9″x5″ loaf pan.
3. In large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients.
4. With pastry blender, cut in magarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Stir in bananas, undiluted apple-juice concentrate, egg substitute, walnuts, and vanilla just until flour is moistened.
6. Spoon batter into pan.
7. Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
8. Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool slightly.
9. Serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.
This recipe is easy to follow and easy to share with all of your family, friends and loved ones so that you can fool them and show them that being a diabetic does not mean the end of the world but that you can still have tasty treats as long as they are low in sugar and carbohydrates as the diabetic banana bread recipe.